I Love How You Love Me






I love that you watch your boring television shows when I'm not home so I don't have to sit through them, and without a complaint you watch all of mine. I love that you aren't afraid to kiss me in public and that you have no problem being alone with me on a dance floor. I love that your hand finds a place on my back when you walk by, and how you bring our morning coffee to the bedroom on weekends. I love that a serious conversation is always followed up with a comforting smile so I know not to worry, and you let me season our popcorn even when you'd prefer it plain. I love that you're always considering what is best for us now and later, and how you hang a clean towel outside the shower for me when you notice I forgot. I love that you go out of your way to surprise me with gifts from the heart, that you wink at me from behind your drums on stage, and you never complain about my cooking. I love that in ten years you've never discouraged me from wearing certain clothes or changing the style or color of my hair, and you never comment on me eating seconds or making my fries a Poutine. I love that you accept that I am an over-sharer, that I like writing and sharing my life through pictures and stories even though it's not exactly your style. You trust my ideas. You let me paint things, re-paint things, move things and change things whenever I want. You don't question me, and you never give me a hard time if my plan fails. I love how you purchase concert tickets before I even know they are on sale and you never raise your voice unless you're singing. I love that you never make me feel guilty for having had a lazy day or two or three, or six or seven in a row. I love that you pretend to be blind to dark circles, lines and spots, and swear I don't need makeup even after I point out my flaws.


I love how you love me.



*This post was written on Valentine's Day making it absolutely acceptable. Only on Valentine's Day can you use the word love fourteen times in one paragraph to gush about your guy and how good you have it. If I have made anyone gag... Sorry, not sorry.*

Comments